Save our Sheringham - Say NO to Tesco

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tesco get everywhere

I received an email from Tony that said -

"I have just been to the NNDC website http://www.northnorfolk.org/default.asp and entered the word 'Tesco' into the Council's search engine, also clicking the button marked 'All Norfolk Council sites'. The result is quite surprising, the first link to come up on the list is the direct conection to Tesco's groceries home delivery site! It seems odd to me that the Council would allow such a commercial link from their own website."

I found this quite intriguing so followed it up with Norfolk County Council, here's their reply -

"Many thanks for your interesting email. We whole-heartedly agree with you that the Tesco homepage should not appear as the first option under All Norfolk sites. We have asked our website team to investigate and remove this anomaly. I do appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention, and will further update you once I have confirmation that it has been addressed. Kind regards"

I don't suppose we'll ever find out who was responsible but it just shows how much effort Tesco go to to get noticed!